Participants will register for as many cycles as they find interesting, committing to at least three weeks of engagement with the following structure:
- Keynote presentation about the topic (1 hour)
- A panel discussion about the topic with 3-5 experts with questions (1.5 hours)
- Keynotes and panels will be available with translations in English and Spanish.
Meeting 1 design team (2 hours): ideation
Meeting 2 design team (2 hours): prototype
- Participants are assigned to work on a design challenge in small groups (3-4). Each group will use an agile design thinking process facilitated by the organizers to create an educational intervention or program that addresses a wicked challenge related to the cycle’s topic. (2 hours)
- Groups will work in either English or Spanish, based on participants’ preference. We can accommodate other languages if there are enough speakers to form groups, but final pitches must be in one of these two languages.
Meeting 3 design team (2 hours): final product
- Design teams meet with a group of stakeholders to receive feedback on their designs, adjust their prototypes, and create a 3-minute pitch. (2 hours)
- Teams will create and submit their final product.
December 2020 and June 2021
- There will be a closing event with the topics discussed, and recognition of the best proposals.